If the beginning and ending times are the same for each meeting, then schedule the class by clicking on the "Schedule Section" button.
If you have a class with a flexible pattern, e.g., on Mondays it meets from 1 to 3 pm, and on Wednesdays from 1:30 to 3:30, you can create a prototype. (The same prototype can be used for other classes with the same pattern.)
- In the "Flexible/Special Schedule" area, click on the "open" icon.
- In the Special Schedule screen, type in the name of your prototype (any name to identify this group of days/hours, but don't use the days-of-the-week patterns already in ASAP). If this is the same pattern for the entire date range that the class meets, select Week 1. If there is a rotation every two, three or four weeks, select one of those numbers for the "Week#" field.
- Type in the weekday, start and end times (remember to enter a "p" or "a" for morning or afternoon.) On the next line, enter the same prototype name, the next weekday, start and end times in the pattern.
- Continue entering all the days and times for this prototype.
- When done, click on a "Pick" button next to any of the days. The prototype will automatically be entered in the "Special Schedule" area of the Section Details screen.
- Put a check-mark next to "Use this Schedule" in the "Special Schedule" area, and click on the "Schedule Section" button.
An alternative way of creating special schedules, especially if you need to insert random schedules where a class has already been scheduled, is through the "Weekly Schedule" screen.
- First, make sure you have entered a beginning and ending date, a days pattern and a beginning and ending time.
- Click on the "Weekly Sched" button.
- You can choose up to 4 weekly cycles: if each week has the same pattern, choose 1; if there is a different pattern for each week, choose 2, 3 or 4, depending on the duration before the cycle repeats itself.
- The date range will default from the section screen. If the special schedule is of shorter duration than the entire schedule, enter the beginning and ending dates that will apply.
- Now enter the beginning and ending times for each day. (It is OK to leave days blank if they are not being scheduled.) When done, click the "Schedule Section" button.
If the class has more than one teacher, the teachers can either be scheduled simultaneously by choosing all the teachers and then clicking the "Schedule Section" button, or individually by choosing one teacher at a time before clicking the Schedule button.
When you use the "Weekly Schedule" feature described above, you can schedule all the teachers for the class or, if they have different schedules, choose an individual teacher by clicking in the "Schedule Teacher" box next to her name, type in the beginning and ending times for her session, schedule the section, and then repeat for the next teacher.
If a group of sections has the same day and times pattern, they can be scheduled simultaneously through the Weekly Schedule
- From the Section Details screen, click on Weekly Schedule
- Enter the beginning and ending times in the days columns
- Click on Schedule Multiple Sections. Make sure you read the instructions on the Instructions screen
- Click OK, and a list of all your sections will appear
- Click on the sections to be scheduled and click Select Picked
- If the new schedule applies only to a certain teacher or course, you can filter by teacher or by course. The sections will be scheduled with the teachers, dates and rooms that appear on the Section Details screen for each section
If you need to reschedule a class, enter the new field that has to be changed, such as the date(s), time(s), teacher, etc., and click the "Schedule" button.
The schedule you had before will be wiped out, and the new schedule will take effect.
- Section already has attendance: You can only reschedule from the first available date on which there is no attendance
- Using a past date as the beginning date: The program will override this and tell you it is scheduling from the first date without attendance to whatever ending date you had entered
- Outstanding attendance sheets: Because the rescheduling will affect the meetings on the outstanding sheets, you must cancel the sheets and print them again. When the message appears, click Yes to cancel the sheet(s) and schedule from the first nonattendance day forward or click No if your new schedule will not affect the sheets
- Click on "Delete Schedule" button